This policy applies to the site: https://fabspec.ca/
Last update: September 22, 2023
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Fabspec, which is responsible for this site.
- How your personal information is collected and processed. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. This includes your first and last name, email address and IP address;
- Your rights in relation to this information;
- The person responsible for processing the personal information collected;
- Third parties to whom this information is disclosed;
- The site’s policy on cookies.
1. Collection of personal information
We collect the following personal information:
- First name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
The personal information we collect is gathered through the collection methods described in the “Forms and collection methods” and “Log files and cookies” sections below.
2. Forms and collection methods
Your personal information is collected in the following ways:
- Google Analytics
- Eventbrite forms
- Submission form: New nomination
- Form: Suggest an SME
The information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- To analyse and improve our services
- To communicate information
- To organize our events
- For statistics
- To contact you
Google Captcha protection :
3. Log files and cookies
We collect certain information through log files and cookies. These files allow us to process statistics and traffic information, facilitate navigation and improve service for your convenience.
A. Description of cookies used by the site
This mainly concerns the following information:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type and model
- Device screen resolution
- Browser type and language
- Region or municipality, determined by IP address
- Source (e.g. banner, email, social network, etc.)
- Pages visited on the site
The use of such files enables us to achieve the following objectives:
- Statistical studies
If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to browse the site. However, any malfunction of the site caused by this manipulation cannot be considered to be our fault.
4. Sharing personal information
We will not sell or otherwise market the personal information we collect. However, we may share this information with third parties for the following reasons:
- Use only on Fabspec digital accounts (social media, newsletters, advertising accounts, etc.)
- Partners, when an individual has consented to receive information, special offers or promotions from Fabspec’s partners by checking the appropriate box on a form.
If you do not want your personal information to be shared with these third parties, you may object at the time of collection or at any time thereafter, as described in the “Right of objection and withdrawal” section.
Advertising and remarketing
5. Retention period of personal information
The data controller will keep all personal data collected on the site’s computer systems under reasonable security conditions for a period of 24 months or until you object.
6. Hyperlinks and external services
Our website may provide links to other sites or services owned and operated by third parties. These sites are not affiliated with our organization. Please understand that the websites linked to our site are independent and may also collect your personal information or cookie information. We cannot be held responsible for how these third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information, nor can we guarantee or make any representations regarding the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information contained on these external Internet sites.
7. Hosting of personal information
Our site is hosted by Siteground, whose head office is located at the following address:
SG Hosting Inc. 901 N. Pitt St, Suite 325, Alexandria, 22314 VA (USA)
The host can be contacted at the following telephone number: 1 800 828-9231
The personal information we collect and process is transferred to the following country: Canada.
8. Person responsible for processing personal information
A. The data controller
Fabspec’s Privacy Officer can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 450-742-0451 ext. 234.
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing personal data.
B. Obligations of the data controller
The person responsible for processing personal data undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to disclose it to third parties without your knowledge, and to respect the purposes for which the data was collected.
The data controller also undertakes to notify you in the event of rectification or deletion of personal data, unless this would involve disproportionate formalities, costs or measures for the data controller.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform you by any means necessary.
9. Right of objection and withdrawal
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the site (“right of objection”). You also have the right to request that your personal data no longer appear on, for example, a mailing list (“right of withdrawal”). To object to the processing of your personal data or to request the withdrawal of your personal data, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Right of access, rectification and deletion
You can view, update or modify information about yourself, or request its deletion, by following the procedure set out below:
- The user must contact the data controller to request the required changes.
The personal information we collect is held in a secure environment. The people who work for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
- Access management – data subject
- Login and password
We are committed to maintaining a high level of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the privacy of your information. However, as no mechanism can provide total security, there is always an element of risk when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
We reserve the right to make changes to ensure compliance with applicable laws.